Thursday, September 14, 2006

Total Immersion in Socks


Ok, I took my first actual sock class.
Well, actually, once before, I took a sock class where the teacher was using 3 dpns and hand spun yarn, and the socks were going to end up felted later. I never got very far with that one.
Anyway, this is a 2 circs class. Very cool. Teensey Tinsy stitches!
So, I have a total of 5 socks started right now:
1 toe up individual sock, shown in the photos, to practice the figure 8 cast on that just sounds sooooo cooooool. But, it hasn't gone any farther.
2 toe up on 2 circs that really are flying: photos soon. They really deserve their own post.
2 top down on: 1 on 2 circs and 1 on one circ. We started the 1 on 2 circs in class and I tried (foolishly) to start the second sock of that pair on a 12" needle that I'm hopeing to then transfer over to the 2 circs with the first sock on the pair when I get it up to the same number of rows.

Anyway, I've also ordered from KnitPicks and waiting somewhat patiently for that to come.

But, of course, I don't have any DK yarn that I can lay my hands on right now. I'm sure it's in my stash somewhere: choice of several closets, 2 atics, storage bins galore. I really want to put it all in one place, but I think the fear of seeing all those Tribbles together is just overwhelming.

And, I really have to wait 'till the DH won't be there to watch the chaos.

No comments: