Sunday, February 10, 2008

Well, the footie socks are a flop, or at least floppy

Well, I wore the (Essential) Crayon Footies all day, and was going to wear them to keep the feet warm to sleep (DH not being home to warm my tooties on). But, due to their footie nature, they simply would not stay on while reclining with blankets. The heels and back ankles are nicely ribbed and they stay up whilst sitting at the computer, and knitting in the recliner. They even stayed on during some (admittedly not very taxing) house work. But, whether it was due to them being as tired out as I was or a mistake in their design, they just won't stay on. I think the slit down the front instep is just too dramatic for them to hold their structure. So, the next step is washing (cross ed fingers for SuperWash) and blocking to see if that'll help.
Or, I might 'fill in some of the toeish part of the slit top to give them more structure.
Later ya'll

No comments: