Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Cat Bordhi Socks


Anyway, Cat Bordhi is awesome. Do you think she teaches the way she writes? I had this book for a long time before I actually dove into it.

But, back to Cat ...
There are many, many cautionary statements at the beginning about how helpful it will be to you if you knit the little sample socks BeFore you go on to the real socks. And, not wanting to have an orphan sock, and very small; I decided to do two at once. And, of course, I'm thinking: It's a little tiny sock - how much yarn would I need? So, I picked out a leftover camo color that I had made a nephew a hat from earlier. The first sock in the samples is a top down. Therefore: I have TWO Toe-LESS Camo Kid Knee Socks. They're very cute, and I'm sure they'll fit when he's about 3. And, yes, I'm sure that I'll be able to find some coordinating yarn to finish off the toes sometime in the next 2 years. But, jeeze, this is exactly why I like to do top-down sweaters and toe-up socks!
I know it's an OCD thing: I want to knit 'till all the yarn is gone. And I want the project to be finished when all the yarn is gone. It's the knitter's version of 10 hot dogs vs 8 buns.

No comments: