Monday, June 02, 2008

Clear Shoes to wear w/ socks Jilly by Soda

Searching for "CLEAR" shoes to show off Hand Knit Socks.
I've found some scarry stuff that I'll post at the regular Rubyintherough.blogspot. But here we'll explore the real contenders.
Obviously, they'll mostly be Man Made products.
Personally, I'm looking for comfortable shoes to wear to work in an office in the city. But, I do live in the country, so things can get wet and muddy any time of year. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Not being much of a slave to fashion, there's not too much of a concern for style.
Affordable, comfortable, and practical are essential.
Eccentric, creative, and quirky are OK.
Inappropriate or Strange probably is not OK.

These are available on a site called Shoes on a Shoestring for $6.50 and an additional $8 shipping. Which would put them at about $15. If you order more than one pair, the shipping is still $8, so volume ordering would pay off. So, they're definitely affordable.
They're a low heel slip on with a circle motif in the open uppers. Pretty classy for a Jelly, I think.
Might work for "dressy" socks. Probably not so much for really chunky homespuns. I was never a fan of wearing Jellies without socks. They just aren't that comfortable to me. I might worry about the holey pattern wearing the socks out faster than usual.

No comments: