Thursday, April 03, 2008

March Madness Socks

So, if you've been following along, you probably know that I've really gone over the bend to get the perfect pair of Jay Hawk Socks for March Madknits or Madness.
So, to catch you up and try to refind my sanity:
I searched high and low for the perfect yarn.
There wasn't any, but I was willing to try Regia in a colorway that turns out to be Inca.
The toe / swatch turned out to be far too big in the gauge, and not at all the colors I was expecting.
So, in the throes of March Madness, I frogged them out while watching Thursday Night's Basketball round one.
Friday's spare time was spent finding dying hints and getting the exotic materials at the grocery store.
Then, all of Friday Night Madness was spent tying the two balls of Regia into garlands of yarn puffs to separate out the Jayhawk worthy color sections from the sections that needed to be dyed more Red and the sections that needed to be more Blue. What little time we slept Friday night, the yarn was soaking in vinegar.
Saturday was spent Dying some puffs Red and some Blue. And in true March Madness Miracle fashion, by Sunday Morning, I had the perfect Jay Hawk worthy yarn for my Jay Hawk Jay Walkers.
So, Sunday after Easter services and lunch was spent watching Basket Ball and restarting the frogged and dyed socks.
Updates later, the photos of the process were too scary to publish.

No comments: